Monday 23 January 2017

Printing BOW images on Permajet Oyster - A Trial

As part of Assignment 4 I sent my tutor some sample images printed on a heavyweight matte paper. Whilst Rob felt that the images "looked lovely on screen", he thought that the prints were"decent enough although one or two lacked a little clarity perhaps.  You might have to compensate for the matte paper but don't overdo it.  There might be a slight feeling of craft object with the uncoated matte that you're trying hard to get away from - have you tried printing on lustre? But as discussed previously, this (matte) may be appropriate for the quiet contemplation you are interested in."

 In view of this I have experimented with printing a couple of the images on Permajet Oyster paper. They are certainly crisper and brighter, but I am not so sure whether they move away from the quiet contemplation idea.  I will send the ones I have printed to Rob for his comments.  I may also print some more matte ones but increase the sharpness a tad in the printer dialogue box in Lightroom.  At the end of the day it needs to be my decision.  At the moment it is perhaps for the oyster, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment