Friday 27 January 2017

Further Trials With Printing BOW Images

Having received some more matte paper: Permajet Matte Plus, I have carried out some more test prints.  This time increasing the sharpness slightly in the Lightroom print module from low to standard as I did with the Oyster paper.  As with the Oyster the images are certainly crisper with the Matte Plus and have more clarity than the original Classic Fine Art Portrait paper that I used.  This may be that I have increased the sharpness slightly, but the Portrait paper has a slight texture to it, whereas the the Matte Plus is perfectly smooth.  The Fine Art Portrait paper is also very slightly off white compared to the other two and this may have an influence.  My one reservation with the Matte Plus is that it is a tad lighter weight than I would like for assessment and if the decision is to go with a matte paper I will order some of the more expensive FB Matt paper.  If the decision is to go with the Oyster/Lustre paper I am tempted to try another paper such as the Smooth Pearl first.  I am familiar with the Permajet range of papers and have their complete range of ICC profiles to use with my Epson PhotoR2880 printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment