Monday 9 January 2017

Lake District Paths

Whilst in the Lake District in December we were lucky enough to experience a good fall of snow and I took the opportunity to make some new work on paths with snow cover.  The results are displayed below.












My one reservation with these images is that in the feedback for Assignment 4 my tutor responded to my suggestion that I might look to photograph in snow/fog or frost in order to provide a sense of mystery by reminding that perhaps it was the ambiguity, the indefinite, the edge of recognition that I was after rather than a sense of mystery.  He also felt that weather could be an aesthetic crutch that might pitch me back into the picturesque,  I think that, certainly with the first couple of images in this series and, particularly the second, he is correct.  In view of this I shall probably not use them for Assignment 5.

1 comment:

  1. I do think the indefinite paths e.g. 8, 9, 10 are by far the most interesting.

    ReplyDelete