Wednesday 9 September 2015

Memories of Childhood.

Part of my Body of Work involves photographing the Water Rail Way, once part of the Lincolnshire Loop Railway Line from Lincoln to Boston by the side of the River Witham.  The line was closed in 1971 and is now a walking and cycle route, the Water Rail Way.  As I child I travelled by train from home in Woodhall Spa to Lincoln on steam hauled trains.  I have photographed the old stations as they are today and also taken pictures of the black and white images of the stations as they used to be on the plentiful information boards.



I wanted my photographs to evoke the idea of memories so I decided to overlay the black and white images over the relevant colour ones and then reduce their opacity so they were like memory dreams over the modern images.

I like the effect but feel that they could be improved if I returned and took photographs from exactly the same point of view as the old images and then just slightly overlapped them.

Perhaps a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment